Want to be a great leader?
But waiting on your employer to provide you with the training, to read that book, to get you that project... Here's a really simple way to take ownership of your leadership today:
2. Ask your team to rate you on the ten attributes (and if you don't have a team yet, pick some colleagues, leaders are at all levels in an organisation);
3. Reflect on the feedback;
4. Pick one attribute (yes, just one);
5. Get a coach (it doesn't have to be someone you pay, just someone you respect);
6. Tell your team that you are going to work on that attribute for the next three months (this is key - if you just start acting differently, they're going to wonder what's going on. Openness and vulnerability builds trust);
7. Ask them to tell you, in the moment, when you're doing it well AND not so well;
8. Feedback, feedback, feedback, coaching, coaching, coaching;
10. Embed; and
11.Go back to number one.
We're all constantly learning,
focus on something that will make a difference.